Very Rev. Msgr. Prof. Sylvanus I. Udoidem
Professor of Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy
Rector of The Catholic Institute of West Africa.
Installed the 6th CIWA Rector on the 7th March, 2016.
Name &Address Sylvanus Iniobong Udoidem, Ph.D
Qualification and Dates Obtained
- Ph.D -- Philosophy, 1985 --- Catholic University of America, Washington DC
Dissertation: Authority And the common Good in the Social and Political Philosophy of Yves Simone
- M.A. -- Philosophy, 1983 --- Catholic University of America, Washington DC
Thesis: The Concept of Impressed Force in Isaac Newton’s ‘Principia’
- B.A. -- Philosophy/Theology, 1977 --- Urbano University, Rome
- Diploma in Rel. Studies, 1975 ---University of Ibadan
- London GCE 1971
Area of Specialization:
· Ethics, Social and Political Philosophy
Other areas of Competence
Ancient Philosophy, African Philosophy, Philosophy of Science
Membership of Professional Association
· Nigeria Academy of Letters
· Nigerian Philosophical Association
· Linguistic Association of Nigeria
· American Metaphysical Society
· American Philosophical Association
· World Metaphysical Society
Honours and Awards
Catholic University Post Graduate Scholarship Award, 1983-85
Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio Academic Excellence Award, 2005
Akwa Ibom Community in Rivers and Bayelsa Academic Excellence Award, 2005
Regina Coeli Old Boys Academic Excellence Award, 2005
Ataifiok I, Honour by the Traditional Rulers Council of Mkpat Enin L.G.A., 2005
Papal Chamberlin, Honour by Pope Benedict XVI, 2008
Justice of Peace, Appointed by Rivers State Government for Port Harcourt LGA 2011
Fellow, Nigeria Philosophical Association, 2011
Post Qualification Teaching Experience
Consultant to UNESCO Committee on the Teaching of Ethics 2009 -
Research Professor, The Citadel, South Carolina Military College 2006-2007
Professor of Philosophy, University of Port Harcourt, 1999—present
Fellow, Center for Philosophy of Religion, Notre Dame University, USA 1996-97
Fellow Council for Research in Values and Philosophy, Washington, DC 1995-96
Senior Lecturer, University of Port Harcourt, 1990-1999
Lecturer 1, University of Port Harcourt, 1987-1990
Assistant Professor, Howard University Washington D.C, 1985- 1986
Other Post Qualification Work Experience
Director, Local Affiliation Centre, University of Port Harcourt 2011- 2016
Chairman, University-Wide Accreditation Committee, Uniport 2011 – 2016
Member, Senate Committee for Implementation of New Programmes 2012 - 2016
Dean, Faculty of Humanities, University of Port Harcourt 2002 -2006
Member, Committee of Provost and Deans 2002 -- 2006
Member, College of Health Sciences Medical Ethics Committee 2004 -- 2006
Member, Council Committee on Appointment and Promotions 2002 --2006
Member, University Development Committee 2002 – Present
Member Academic Board, College of Continuing Education, Uniport 2002 – 2006
Member, Nigerian Academy of Letters 2002 – Present
Coordinator, Chapel of Annunciation HIV/AIDS Intervention Project 2000 -- 2006
Chairman, Senate Committee on University Merit Award Guideline 2002
External and Co-PhD Supervisor, The University of New South Wales- Sydney, Australia 2000-2002
Assistant Director GES 1990 – 95, 1997-2002
Member, University of Port Harcourt Think Thank Blue Print Committee 2002
Coordinator, Faculty Seminar Series, University of Port Harcourt 2001-2002
Member, Senate Committee on Degree Result Verification Committee 2001
Chairman, University of Port Harcourt Silver Jubilee Merit Award Committee 2001
Chairman, Departmental Committee NUC approved Philosophy Programme 1991, 2001
Member Representing Faculty of Humanities, Uniport Strategic Programme Committee 2000
Member, Senate Committee on Minimum Academic standard for Graduation 2000
Developed the Philosophy Programme for the Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State 2000
Permanent Member of Senate 1999 – Present
Treasurer, Nigerian Philosophical Association 1992-2000
Head, Department of Philosophy, 1992 -94
Chairman, University Lost Vehicle Investigation Committee 1992
Member, Student Riot Investigation Committee 1993
Lecturer, University of Port Harcourt, 1987 till date
Ph. D Supervision
University of Port Harcourt -- Present
11 successfully completed
More than 30 Masters
Member, Board of Examiners for Professorial Interview
External Examiner to other Universities
University of Lagos, 1995 -- 1 Ph.D. Candidate
University of Calabar 2000-- Present—6 Ph.D. Candidates
Catholic Institute of West Africa an Affiliate Institute of the University of Calabar
10 Ph. D. Candidates
University of Nigeria, Nsukka 2003 – 2006
3 Ph. D. Candidates
University of Calabar 2 Candidates
Imo State University 2 Candidates
University of Uyo 2 Candidate
University of Ibadan 2 Candidates
Ambrose Ali University 1 Candidate
All Saints Major Seminary 1 Candidate
(Affiliate of University of Benin)
University of Zimbabwe 1 Candidate
University of Benin 1 Candidate
FUTO, Akure 1 Candidate
External Assessor National Open University Theology Programme 2004
Number of Publications
- 19 Books
- 35 Journal Articles
- 16 Chapters in Books
- 5 Book Reviews
- 6 Magazine Publications
- 11 Publications on Akwa Ibom and its People
- 1 Work done by others on Udoidem
Recent Research & Public Presentations and Conferences
1. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Church/ State Relationship in Education in Akwa Ibom State, Lead paper presented at Uyo Catholic Diocese Education Summit held at Uyo Catholic Secretariate on November 12 – 13, 2015.
2. S. Iniobong Udoidem, 100 Years of Church Music in Nigeria (1914 – 2014): A Review of the Features of Inculturation, Lead paper presented at the Centenary of Church Music Conference, organized by the Department of Music University of Port Harcourt, October 20 -23, 2015,
3. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Free Press, Democracy and Sustainable Development, Lead Paper presented at Nigeria Union of Journalists’ (NUJ) Week Celebration, Akwa Ibom State Chapel, Uyo, November 24-25, 2014
4. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Ethics of Service Delivery: The Case of Road Transport Operators and Users in Akwa Ibom State, Lead Paper at Akwa Ibom State Ministry of Transport Sensitization Seminar, held at Udo Udoma Hall, Uyo, September 29, 2014
5. S. Iniobong Udoidem, The Role of the Media in Fostering Good Governance: Towards a Hitch-free Election in 2015 General Elections in Nigeria, Lead Paper presented at One year Anniversary of the Founding of the Radar Newspapers, held at NUJ Press Centre, IBB Avenue, Uyo, September 2, 2014.
6. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Arts and Human Development: The Role of the 21st Century Universities, Lead Paper presented at Faculty of Arts International Conference on Arts and Human Development: The Challenges of Universities in the 21st Century, at the University of Uyo, Uyo, July 9-12, 2014.
7. S. Iniobong Udoidem, The Challenges of Leadership in Akwa Ibom: Matters Arising and the Way forward for Ibibio People in Nigeria, Keynote Address at Akwa Edidem Akpabio Udo Ukpa at 91 Celebration held at Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio Hall, Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo, June 20, 2014
8. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Engineering Culture for Peaceful Coexistence and Sustainable Development in Nigeria, Lead Paper presented at World Cultural Day Celebration, at Centre for Cultural Studies, University of Uyo, Uyo. May 22-23, 2014
9. S. Iniobong Udoidem, The Implications of Bioethics Education for Developing Nations, Presentation at 9th World Conference on Bioethics, Medical Ethics and Health Law, Naples, Italy, November 19-21, 2013.
10. S. I. Iniobong Udoidem, Mental Health and Older Adults: Ethical Implication for National Development, Presented at the first National Colloquium on Mental Health and Development, marking the 2013 International World Mental Health Day, held in Uyo, on October 10, 2013
11. S. I. Udoidem, “Udiongo-Idem” as a panacea for Self-Actualization in Ibibio Philosophy and Culture, Presented at Ibibio Peoples’ Union 2013 Global Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, (USA) Aug. 5, 2013
12. S. Iniobong Udoidem, The Catholic Faith and Liturgical Music in Contemporary Society, Presented at the Inaugural Memorial Lecture in honour of Dr. Sylverster U.J. Udoh. Uyo, June 2013
13. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Engineering Culture for Community Peace and Sustainable Development, Presented at Culture and Society Conference, Enugu, 2012
14. S.I. Udoidem, Ibibio History: Implications for the Future Generation, Lead Paper at Ibibio People’s Union 2012 Global Congress, held at Atlanta, USA, August 3-5, 2012
15. S.I. Udoidem, Ibom Phenomenon in the Evolution and Development of Akwa Ibom State, A Keynote Address at the First Ibibio Round Table Symposium, held at University of Uyo, August 2011.
16. S.I. Udoidem, Philosophical Foundations of Contemporary Ecological Consciousness, Presented as the Opening Lead Paper at The Catholic Institute of West Africa 22nd Theology Week, held in Port Harcourt on March 21-25, 2011
17. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Mutual Respect and Understanding: The Key to Peaceful co-existence in the Niger Delta, Presented at the Inauguration of the Omoku Chapter of Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio, Omoku, Rivers State, March 27, 2010
18. S.I. Udoidem, Philosophy and Inculturation: The Context of Universalism, Presented as the Opening Lead Paper at An International Conference on Intercultural Philosophy, held at the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, February 3-5, 2010
19. S.I. Udoidem, Teaching Ethics in African Universities: The Nigerian Experience, Presented at a Workshop on the Teaching of Ethics in English Speaking African Universities, held in Dakar, Senegal, March 18-20, 2009
20. S.I. Udoidem, Metaphysics of Truth in the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI: a Reflection, Presented at the 4th World Metaphysics Conference, held in Rome, Nov. 5-7, 2009
1. S. Inibong Udoidem, Church/ State Relationship in Education in Akwa Ibom State, Port Harcourt: Mustered Seed Publishers, 2015.
2.. S.I. Udoidem, Philosopoetry, Lagos: African Heritage Publications, 2012
3.. S.I. Udoidem, Indigenizing Philosophy: A Study of E.J. Alagoa, Elechi
Amadi, Gabriel Okara, Ken Saro-Wiwa & Charles Nnolim, Port Harcourt:
Uniport Press, 2012
4.. S.I.Udoidem, Remembrance, Narrativity and Knowledge: A Commentary on
Plato’s Republic, Port Harcourt: A. Mustard Seed Publishers, 2011
5.. The Virtuous Nun: The Legacy of Rosemary Edet, H.H.C.J. Port Harcourt: A.
Mustard Seed Publishers, 2011
6.. S. I. Udoidem, Will You also Go Away: A Memoir of Spiritual Journey, Port
Harcourt: Pam Unique Publishing Company, 2010.
7. S. I. Udoidem, African Food Crises Revisited: An Unexamined Food is not
Worth Eating, School of Graduate Studies Lecture Publications, Port Harcourt:
University of Port Harcourt Press, 2009
8. S. I. Udoidem, The Footprints of Bishop Makozi in Port Harcourt Diocese:
Echoes from the Chapel of the Annunciation, Lagos: African Heritage Research
and Publications, 2009
9. S. I. Udoidem, Engineering Culture for Community Peace and Sustainable
Development in Akwa Ibom State, Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt
10 S. I. Udoidem, Hospitality as Holiness: The Genius of Dominic Cardinal
Ekandem, Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt Press, 2008
11. S. I. Udoidem, Dreams and Visions of Akwa Ibom, From Promise to
Fulfilment, Lagos: African Heritage Research and Publications, 2007
12. S. I Udoidem, The Philosopher in the Market Place: Reflections on the
Future of Nigeria, Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt Press, 2006
13. S. I. Udoidem, (ed.) Introduction to Philosophy of Science, Lagos: African
Heritage Research and Publications, 2004.
14. S. I. Udoidem (ed.), Foundations of Philosophy and Logic, Lagos: African
Heritage Publications, 2002
15. -----------Why Should a Human being be Moral, Lagos: African Heritage
16 -----------Pope John Paul II Second Missionary Journey to Nigeria: The
Beatification Iwene Tansi, Lagos: African Heritage Publications, 1998
17 ----------Pope John Paul II on Inculturation: Theory and Practice, Lanham,
Maryland: University Press of America, 1996.
18 ----Values and National Development, Lagos: African Heritage Publication,
19 -----Understanding Philosophy, Lagos: African Heritage Publications, 1990
20. ---- Authority and the Common Good in Social and Political Philosophy,
Lanham, Maryland: University Press of America, 1988.
b) Articles in Learned Journals:
1. S. I. Udoidem and T.V. Ogan, Understanding the Uniport Anthem: Notes on History and Philosophy,Journal of Niger Delta Studies Vol.3, No.2, 2014, pp. 95-102
2. S.I Iniobong Udoidem, “The Sensitive Era: Encounter with an Ex-virgin,” The Catholic Medicare, Vol. 16, 2013, pp. 50-54
3. S. Iniobong Udoidem, “From Cynicism, Pessimism to Criticism: Professor Charles Nnolim’s Odyssey,” SunNews Literary Review, May 2013, pp. 33-36
4. S. Iniobong Udoidem, “There was a Country Before Things Fall Apart,” SunNews Literary Review, January 2013 pp. 36-37
5. S. Iniobong Udoidem, “Nature: Gods Sublime Work of Art,” The Catholic Medicare, Vol.XIV, 2011, pp. 10-13
6. S.I. Udoidem, Philosophy and Inculturation: The Context of Universalism, Kiabara, A Journal of Humanities, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2011, pp 225-236
7. S. I. Udoidem, “Philosophical Foundations of Contemporary Eco-Consciousness,” Theology for Sustainable Ecology in Africa, Port Harcourt: CIWA Publications, 2011, pp.105 - 131
8. S. I. Udoidem, “Metaphysics of Truth in the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI: a Reflection,” Proceedings Metaphysics 2009 -4th World Conference, edited by Fundazione idente di Studie di Ricerca Published by Fundacion Jose Ortega y Gasset, 2011, pp.384-390.
9. S. I. Udoidem, “The Genius of Dominic Cardinal Ekandem,” Delta Epsilon Sigma Journal, Vol. LIII Spring 2008, 54-64
10. S. I. Udoidem, “Understanding Nigeria’s Political Grammar: A Panacea for
Resolving Nigeria’s Socio-Political Quagmire,” Kiabara: Journal of Humanities,
Vol.10 No.2, 2004 pp.1-125
11. S. I. Udoidem, “E. J. Alagoa: The Philosopher” History Concourse 2005,
Onyoma Publications, Port Harcourt, 2005,
12. S. I. Udoidem, Understanding the Politics of Population and Census figures in Nigeria Presented at Akwa Ibom State Population and Census Commission Mobilization Rally, Uyo, 2005. Journal of Minority Studies. Vol. 4 2005
13. S. I Udoidem, Ethics: It’s Implication for Higher Education in Nigeria, Presented
at the 2004 Social Science Academy of Nigeria Conference, Abuja, Published in
Social Science Academy of Nigeria Publications, 2004, pp.4-12
14. S. I. Udoidem, “The Influence of Religion on Politics: The African Experience,” Annual
Philosophy Lecture Series, St. Joseph Major Seminary Publication, 2004
15. S. I. Udoidem, “The Concept of Nature in Aristotle’s Physics, Book II,” Academia: CIP Journal of Philosophy, Vol.1 No.1 June 2003, pp.9-17.
16. S. I. Udoidem, “On the Definition of Philosophy,” in Foundations of Philosophy and Logic edited by S. I. Udoidem, Lagos: African Heritage Publications, 2002, pp.1-15.
17. S. I. Udoidem, “’Rapporteur Report’ on ‘Intellectual Giants But Moral Dwarfs: an Examination of the Role of Morality in Education’”, Proceedings of the 18th Annual Seminar of Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Federal Universities, Port Harcourt, 2000, pp157-158.
18. S. I. Udoidem, “The Dialectics of Betrayals and Revenge in Nigeria’s Political
History: 1951 – to the Present day,” Koinonia, 2000.
19. --------, “Fraud Scam – ‘419’: A Multinational Business Enterprise in Nigeria” Kiabara: Journal of Humanities, Vol. 7, no.2, 2000.
20. --------, “The World Bank and IMF: Their Negative Roles in Third World Development, Sapientia: Journal of Philosophy, Vol.I, no. I, 2000
21. S. Iniobong Udoidem, “Moral Values in the Niger Delta Tradition: A Study of Elechi Amadi’s the Concubine and the Great Ponds”, Journal of Religion and Culture, vol. 1 March 2000, pp.31 – 39.
22. ------, “Gabriel Okara on Moral Value(s): A Metaethical Reading of the Voice”, The Words that Win edited C.T. Maduka Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt Press
23. ---, “Ibibio Cosmogony: An Example of a Pre-critical Philosophical Orientation,” African Marburgensia, XXIX, 1+2 1996, pp. 16-25. (Germany)
24. ---, “Understanding Authority in Organizational Management,” The Nigerian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 14 nos. 1&2, 1994/95, pp.42-54 (Lagos)
25. ---, “Philosophy, General Studies and National Development,” Journal of Research in General Studies, (JORGS) vol. 1 April, 1993, pp. 36 – 45. (Calabar)
26. ---, “Paradigms of Creative Thinking in Scientific Enterprise,” Dialogue and Humanism, vol. 1, no. 1 1991, pp. 133 – 147 (Poland).
27. ---, “Ethics of Community Development in Nigeria,” Nigerian Journal of Philosophy, vol. II, nos. 1 &2, 1991, pp. 40-52 (Lagos)
28. ---, “Greek Indebtedness to African Philosophical Heritage Revisited,” Bodija Journal, no.2, 1990, pp. 29-43, (Ibadan).
29. ---, “Prudence, Law and Morality, “Ogele: Journal of the Social Sciences and Humanities, vol.1, 1989, pp. 109 –117, (USTPH).
30. ---, “The Politics of National Language Policy in Nigeria,” The Nigerian Magazine, vol. 56, nos. 1&2, 1988, pp. (Lagos).
31. ---, “Philosophy and the Future of Higher Education in Africa,’ Presence Africaine, no. 148, 1988, pp. 178 181 (France).
32. ---, “Tips in Business Transaction: A Moral Issue” Journal of Business Ethics 6 1987, pp. 613-618. (Canada)
33. ---, “Wiredu on How not to Compare African Thought to Western Thought” African Studies Review, Vol. 30, no.1 1978, pp. 101 – 104 (USA).
34. ---, “What is the Common Good,” Law and Society, no. 94/95, 1987, pp. 99-108, (London).
35. ---, “Epistemological Significance of Proverbs: An African Perspective,” Presence Africaine, vol. 132, 1984, pp. 126 – 136, (France).
c) Chapters in Refereed Books
36. S. I. Udoidem, “Preface,” The Revolutionary Shepherd, by Anthony R. Etuk
Uyo: Enela Publications, 2016.
37. S. I. Udoidem, “Creative Writing as Critical Writing: A Tribute to I.N.C. Aniebo,” Critical Perspectives on I.N.C. Aniebo edited by Seifa Koroye, Port Harcourt: Pearl Publishers, 2009, pp. 23-29
38. S. I. Udoidem, “Preface,” French Translation of Mutanda Oyom Namondo by Margaret Mary Okon, France, 2008
39. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Christian Emedolu, Ishmael Gwuireama, Local Government Administration in Nigeria: A Historical and comparative Study, in Parlaiamentarianism in Nigeria: An Odyssey in the Niger Delta, Edited by Ekong Sampson, ALGON Publications, Uyo 2006, pp13-24
40. S.I. Udoidem, “A Response to George Ehusani’s Fully African, Truly Christian: The Challenge of Inculturation,” in Inculturation And the Nigerian Church, edited by Donatus Udoette & Nicholas Obi, St. Joseph Theology Symposium Series, No 1, April 2000, pp. 30 – 35.
41. --------, “A Month and A Day in the Times of a Nigerian Martyr,” Ken Saro-Wiwa and the Crises of the Nigerian State, (Lagos: CDHR publications, 1998) pp. 208-234.
42. --------, “Religion in the Political Life of Nigeria: A Survey of Religious-Religious Crisis in Nigeria since Independence,” in New Strategies for Curbing Ethnic and Religious Conflicts in Nigeria, edited by Fidelis Okafor, (Enugu: Fourth Dimension, January 1997) pp. 152 –185.
43. S.I. Udoidem, “Gabriel Okara on Moral Value(s): A Metaethical Approach,” Kiabara: Journal of Humanities, 1997.
44. --------, “The Role of Christians in Party Politics in Nigeria,” in The Christian Family, (Port Harcourt: Mater Miseicordiae Publications, 1997). Pp 1-4
45. --------, “Elechi Amadi – the Philosopher” in Elechi Amadi at 55: Poems and Papers, edited by Willfried F. Feuser and Ebele Ofoma Eko, (Ibadan: Heineman Educational Publishers, 1995) pp.64-79.
46. --------, “Opposites as Compliments: The Significance of Zen Logic” in Introduction to Logic and Scientific Reasoning, edited by N. Onuobia, (Aba: Hercon Publishers, 1992) pp. 300-307.
47. -------, “Response” in Evangelization in Africa in the Third Millennium, edited by Justin Ukpong (eds), (Port Harcourt: CIWA Press, 1992) pp. 37-39.
48. --------, “The Logic of Creativity in Scientific Enterprise,” in History and Philosophy of Science, edited by N. Onuobia, (Aba: Maiden Educational Publishers, 1991), pp. 47-55.
49. --------, “The Concept of Community Development: Some Theoretical Issues” in Social Mobilization and Development: Some Theoretical Issues” in Social Mobilization and Development, vol. 1, edited by A.E.C. Ogunna (eds), (Owerri: Alvan Ikoku College of Education Publications, 1989), pp. 100-110.
50. -------, “Metaphysical Foundations of Freedom” Freedom in the Modern World, Edited by Michael Torre, (Indiana: University of Notre Dame Press, 1989), pp. 101 – 108.
51 --------, “Life Panegyrics” in The Man: Sir Justice Udo Udoma, by Denis S.
Udoinyang, Calabar: Wusen Press, 1985
Works on Akwa Ibom and its People
1. S. Iniobong Udoidem, The Challenges of Leadership in Akwa Ibom: Matters Arising and the Way forward for Ibibio People in Nigeria, Keynote Address at Akwa Edidem Akpabio Udo Ukpa at 91 Celebration held at Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio Hall, Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo, June 20, 2014
2. S. I. Udoidem, “Udiongo-Idem” as a panacea for Self-Actualization in Ibibio Philosophy and Culture, Presented at Ibibio Peoples’ Union 2013 Global Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, Aug. 5, 2013
3. S.I. Udoidem, Ibibio History: Implication for the Future Generation, Lead Paper at Ibibio People’s Union 2012 Global Congress, Atlanta, USA, August 3-5, 2012
4. S.I. Udoidem, Dimensions of Ibibio Philosophy and Culture (Book –fourth-coming)
5. S.I. Udoidem, Ibom Phenomenon in the Evolution and Development of Akwa Ibom State, A Key note Address at the first Ibibio Round Table Symposium, held at University of Uyo, August 2011.
6. S. Iniobong Udoidem, Dreams and Visions of Akwa Ibom: From Promise to Fulfillment, African Heritage and Publications, Lagos, 2006
7. S.I. Udoidem, Cultural Debriefing: The Question of Etok Syndrome, Delivered on the occasion of Akwa Ibom Indigenes in Rivers State and Bayelsa Excellence Award 2005
8. S. I. Udoidem, Harnessing Ibibio Potentials for Self Actualization in the 21st Century, A lecture delivered at Uyo on Friday May 6, 2005 on the occasion of the IBIBIO MILLENNIUM CONVERGE, 6-8 May, 2005
9. ------, Akwa Ibom Women and the Socio-cultural challenges of our time, presented at the Retreat for Women Leaders in Akwa Ibom State, held at Royalty Hotels, Eket, March 14-17, 2004
10. -----, The Making of the 21st Century Akwa Ibom State: The Question of Manpower Development, NGO and Socio-cultural Organization Summit, Uyo, 2001.
11. ----, A Vision of the Future, Convocation Lecture at School of Accountancy and Business Studies, Uyo, April 18, 1995
12. ----, Akwa Ibom Solidarity: An Effective Strategy for Socio-Political Relevance, 4th Sampson Udo Etuk Annual Lecture, Published by Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio, Uyo, 1993
13. ----, The Ibibio: Yesterday, Today and the Task Ahead, Port Harcourt, 1992
14. ----, Traditional Institutions and Philosophy in Akwa Ibom, 1992
(d) Book Reviews
1. A Testament of Light: The Life and times of Dominic Cardinal Ekandem by Edidiong Ekefre, May Five Media, Ikeja, Lagos, 2013. By Reviewed by S. Iniobong Udoidem
2. Cardinal Dominic Ekandem and the Growth of the Catholic Church in Nigerian, Cosmans Nwosu, Ambassador Publications, Ipru Remo, Ogun State, 2012 Reviewed by Iniobong Udoidem
3. Unfolding the Mystery of Divine Love in the Midst of Evil: A Philosophical Excursus. Israel Ekpo, TIME Publications, 2010, by S. Iniobong Udoidem, at book Presentation, Calabar
4. The New Humanism,Udo Etuk,Afahaide Bros Publishing, Uyo, 1999, Reviewed by S. IniobongUdoidem, Book Presentation, University of Uyo.
5. Nature and Limits of Authority, R. T. De George, University of Kansas Press, 1985, Reviewed by S. I. Udoidem in The Review of Metaphysics, September 1986, Vol. XL, No.1 Issue 157, pp112-115
6. Human Character and Morality, S.D. Hudson, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Boston, 1986 Reviewed by S. I. Udoidem in Review of Metaphysics, September 1987, Vol. XL1 No.1 Issue 161, pp.139-140.
7. Knowing Philosophy, Joseph Omoregbe, (Joja Press, 19900) Reviewed in Kiabara, Journal of Humanities Vol.5 no. 2 1982, pp. 128-131.
(e) Popular Magazine Publications
1. “Wazobia: The Tale of Three Nations” Talking Drums Magazine, London, May 27, 1985.
2. “The Status of Education in Nigeria,” Talking Drums Magazine, Dec. 10, 1984.
3. “Reflections on the 1984 OLYMPIC games,” Talking Drums Magazine Sept. 10, 1984.
1. “What’s in a Name?: A Rejoinder,” Talking Drums Magazine June 11, 1984.
2. “Let My People Go” Catholic Black Clergy Caucus Publication, Washington DC, June 17, 1984.
5. “Moments of Life: A Psychological Perspective,”
The Voice, Vol. XVI, Ibadan, 1977.
6 “What is Love?, The Voice, Vol. XV, Ibadan, 1976.
7. Numerous Newspaper Publications.
Works on S. I. Udoidem by others
In Defence of Philosophy: Critical Reflections on the Works of Professor Udoidem, Edited by V. D. B. Inoka, Lagos: African Heritage Research and Publications, 2002
----Ethics and Society
----Philosophy in the Bible
-----Ibibio Philosophy and Culture
----Why Should a Doctor be moral?
----Is Capital Punishment a Punishment?