Admission into Catholic Institute of West Africa
The Catholic Institute of West Africa (CIWA) is a higher Ecclesiastical Institute for the study of theology and related disciplines.
The Institute presently offers admission through JAMB in the following Arts related courses: B.A. Communication Studies and B.A. Religious Studies.
- The applicant would have sat for The JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and scored from 180points and above.
- 5 credits including English Language and Mathematics, GCE, WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB of not more than two (2) sittings.
- Literature in English is compulsory for Communication Studies while Christian Religious Studies is also compulsory for Religious Students.
SCREENING AND REGISTRATION MODALITIES
For the screening of candidates for admission into Catholic Institute of West Africa (CIWA) Port Harcourt, candidates are required to provide the following items:
- Original UTME result slip showing the candidates photography.
- Original and photocopies of WAEC, NECO, NABTEB certificates in 2 files.
- 2 recent passport photographs
Any applicant, who has obtained a first degree in any other discipline would have to obtain JAMB Direct Entry form and apply by making
CIWA his or her choice of Institution as applicable to other secular universities and private universities.
A non-refundable fee of two thousand, five hundred naira only (N2,500) for the screening process. Pay into CIWA account,
and come with proof of payment. Bank: Fidelity Bank. Account No: 4010148522.
Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught in the act shall be handed over to the law enforcement agencies with penalties attached to it.
Any candidate, who fails to take part in the screening exercise automatically, disqualifies his or her chance of being considered for admission.
Online: Send an email to office: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: 0803 392 6089
C/O Accommodation Office
Office of the Registrar
Catholic Institute of West Africa
P.O Box 499
REVIEW OF APPLICATION FEE:
Undergraduate/Dip.: Five Thousand Naira only( N5,000
PGD, Masters & STL: Eight Thousand Naira only (N8,000)
PHD : Ten Thousand Naira only (10,000)
Rev. Fr. Dr. Patrick I. Okonkwo